Re: [Enigma-devel] 0.80 beta testing

From: Nat Pryce
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] 0.80 beta testing
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:20:52 +0100

From: "Ingo van Lil" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 12:01 AM

> On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 09:35:41PM +0100, Nat Pryce wrote:
>
> > How about I make the ferry move backwards and forwards between the two
> > terminals rather than just stop at the far end?  That would make the
level
> > solveable if you lose a life during the ferry journey.
>
> I'd rather suggest setting enigma.ConserveLevel=TRUE during
> initialisation and FALSE as soon as the ferry is started. I just tried
> it, it works. But since the ferry is a decoy anyway you can leave the
> level just the way it is now.

WARNING: SPOILER BELOW!

The ferry is not a decoy!

For some reason I don't like the idea of changing the ConserveLevel
attribute in the middle of the level.  I don't think it's fair to let the
player continue the level early on, but force them to restart the level if
they die after doing a lot of hard work.  I think I'll implement my proposed
change and submit a patch.

Cheers,
            Nat.