Re: [Enigma-devel] 0.80 beta testing

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] 0.80 beta testing
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 13:55:37 +0200

Ingo van Lil wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 03:30:36PM +0200, Ingo van Lil wrote:
>
> > At first I thought it was probably an SDL bug that I never noticed
> > in other games because they aren't played mouse-only, but then again
> > I couldn't reproduce it in PrBoom even if I hit no key for ten
> > minutes.
>
> I have to correct myself, this does happen in PrBoom, too. Mouse
> movement doesn't trigger the screensaver, but mouse button events do.
> Enigma is definitely the only game I know that can go on for more than
> ten minutes without using the keyboard or even the mouse buttons
> (especially in huge mazes).

One solution might be to install a wrapper script that calls the real
program file after disabling the screen saver via xset, but is that what
we want?  I will leave it as it is for now but will have a look at other
games to see how they solve the problem for the next release.

Thanks,
Daniel

--
Daniel Heck