Re: [Enigma-devel] "#21 Sok it to em" + mod coordinates

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] "#21 Sok it to em" + mod coordinates
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:14:50 +0100

Ladislav Adamec wrote:

> 1) "Sok It To Em" is a nice level. I believe, that at least two
>    (movable) stones are not needed for its solution.

Yes, this time you're right.  But I don't think it matters that much, so
unless Nat cares to change his level, it will probably stay that way.

> 2) Is it possible to use some kind of modulo function for coordinates
>    of the ball?  This would give the possibility to construct levels
>    "without outer boundary" (imagine a torus - its nothink but a
>     rectangle with glued upper+lower sides and left+right sides).

No, you cannot build toruses, only Klein bottles.  To make things even
more confusing. :-)

But to tell you the truth: No neither is possible or even planned.  I
don't think there are too many levels that would benefit from being
periodical, and it cannot be easily implemented in the current engine
(it's not that hard, but it would be a terrible mess -- world
coordinates are used in all sorts of places).  But you can always prove
me wrong...

Daniel

--
Daniel Heck                             address@hidden