Re: [Enigma-devel] Oxyd .DAT file format

From: Jeremy Sawicki
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Oxyd .DAT file format
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 04:39:58 -0500

At 03:35 AM 1/12/03 +0100, Daniel Heck wrote:
>Cool!  I spent a few hours last week trying to figure out at least the
>basics of Oxyd's data format, but I didn't get very far.  I would love
>to hear what you have found out so far, maybe I can even help you fill
>in the missing pieces.  I expected Dongleware to have put a good deal of
>effort into garbling the data files (in particular the level
>information), so I gave up quickly.  Good you haven't... :>

There is a little intentional garbling, but it's pretty minor compared to
the rest of the stuff that has to be figured out.  I've had to decipher
three different types of compression so far for instance.

I've made my current results available at <http://www.sawicki.us/oxyd/> if
you want to take a look.  There is a written spec of the file format and
some C++ code that reads and writes the files.

Jeremy