Re: [Enigma-devel] Problem with bouncing

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Problem with bouncing
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 20:57:56 +0200

Andrzej Szombierski <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have encountered some problems (especially in level2b.lua a.k.a
> "Space Odyssey") when the marble bouncess off two walls continuously.
> It seems to sometimes change its direction. More precisely: when
> placed between two vertical walls and moved "almost horizontally" so
> it should slowly move up/down, the marble after hitting the walls for
> some time starts moving in the reverse direction.

Yes, this is a known "problem".  It used to be intentional: Stones in
Enigma have rounded corners, so the behaviour you describe is more or
less realistic.  I've had a few complaints about this "feature" so I may
change it in the future.

> I've had some problems with compiling the CVS version so I tested only
> 0.40a.

What kinds of problems?  The CVS version seems to work for everyone else
-- at least I haven't heard any complaints so far... Could you give us
some details?

--
Daniel Heck                             address@hidden
Bergheimerstr. 137