emacsconf-org

Re: EmacsConf date

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: EmacsConf date
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:34:48 -0400

Hi all,

emacsconf@Karl-Voit.at writes:

> Hi,

[...]
> To get an result efficiently, I've set up a simplified survey on
> https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/ecdate/

Thanks for that, Karl.

> I only chose an arbitrary time (not relevant) and decided to add all
> days separately.
>
> From my perspective, we should avoid the December because at least
> in the countries I know, there are lots of Xmas parties and other
> factors of stress.

Okay.  Looking at the results, looks like Saturday November 28 and
Sunday November 29 would probably be our best bet.  So let's go with
that, at least tentatively.

I will try to prepare a CFP by this Saturday, and would appreciate it if
everyone could set aside a bit of time this weekend to give it a quick
review and give feedback, so we could hopefully get it out on Monday.

As I mentioned earlier, I will be starting from 2019's CFP and going
from there.  If you would like to follow along, the CFP will be at
<https://emacsconf.org/2020/cfp/>.  Instructions for editing the wiki
are at <https://emacsconf.org/edit/>, in case you'd like to jump in and
help or make edits to the CFP as we go.

I will post on this list once I think the CFP is in good enough shape
for a review, but feel free to jump in with feedback before then.

Thanks.