emacsconf-org

EmacsConf format and date

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: EmacsConf format and date
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 20:53:58 -0400

Hi Amin, all! (Moved to the list, seems publicly discussable).

For the interview/panel live sessions, we can either do video (using the
FSF's Jitsi or BigBlueButton instance) or only voice (using Mumble).
Even if we go with video, I'm still thinking of setting up Mumble this
year, as an alternative to IRC.  Thoughts?

Definitely video, since it's much easier to talk about Emacs if we can show Emacs as needed. :) I'm not sure how an audio channel will work without visual cues, but it might be fun to experiment.

We also need to decide on a date for EmacsConf 2020.  I'm leaning
towards mid- or late-November.  I'm thinking of setting aside two days
this year, in case we have as many awesome submissions as we did last
year, to lighten the load on us organizers and on viewers as well.

I'm not sure I can do a full weekend, as my kiddo will probably not be cool with that. Maybe someone else can do the tech checks and running around on the second day, or we could try two half-days?

Sacha