emacsconf-discuss

Re: EmacsConf time schedule

From: Alain M. Lafon
Subject: Re: EmacsConf time schedule
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:26:23 +0200

Hi Amin, Sacha, all

Firstly, I’d like to echo Sacha’s sentiment that this is indeed a
wonderful idea :)

\(^_^)/

Alain, would you like to come by our IRC channel #emacsconf on irc.freenode.net to further discuss this?

Sure! I'll join during our waking hours. Maybe we'll meet today (for us after lunch, for you in the morning).

Looking foward to talking with you!

Alain

Amin Bandali <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Alain, Sacha, all,

Firstly, I’d like to echo Sacha’s sentiment that this is indeed a
wonderful idea :)

"Alain M. Lafon" via General discussion about EmacsConf
<address@hidden> writes:

[...]

I'm in Toronto and Amin is in Waterloo, so 9 AM our time will be 2
PM in Zurich and 5 PM Toronto will be 10 PM yours.

This timeline would actually work great - starting at 2pm, comfortably
after lunch, is ideal.

Great to hear!

What do you think about doing the first three hours or so (or
longer, if you want) as a satellite viewing event? It'll
probably be keynote and user-focused sessions/lightning talks, which
is where both of your proposed talks might fit. The afternoon
(relative to Toronto) will probably be developer-focused, which
might be worth extending the event over dinner.

We have booked a venue and will soon make a proper announcement. We
have the venue available for the whole day, so we're flexible
regarding changes from this initial proposal.

I can already say that the satellite will be a free (as in beer) event for the visitors where we provide venue, food and drinks to support
EmacsConf and the greater FSF community in any way we can.

This all sounds wonderful and very exciting! We have been overwhelmed with the positive response from the community and the many awesome proposal submissions we received. It would be awesome if we could arrange for the satellite viewing event to also be a sister event and an extension of the conference. Alain, would you like to come by our IRC
channel #emacsconf on irc.freenode.net to further discuss this?

Best,
amin

--
200ok GmbH