emacsconf-discuss

Re: EmacsConf time schedule

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: EmacsConf time schedule
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 07:37:46 -0700

El 2019-09-05 01:07, "Alain M. Lafon" via General discussion about
> We are thinking about hosting a real world event parallel to the
> virtual EmacsConf - a satellite in Zurich, Switzerland. I do realize
> that the schedule is not yet public. However, for planning and
> organizing a venue, it would be nice to know the time schedule (and
> timezone) of the conference.

It is great to make a physical gathering. I am not an organizer. But saw
something about the date November 2, 2019 on:

https://emacsconf.org/2019/cfp

Time zone or hours are not specified. But usually the best time to have
a one hour meeting is at 14h00 UTC because it is a time when California
is at 6h00 and Shanghai is at 22h00. Since this would be a day long
event, probably, the best time to start is dividing the duration by 2
and substracting from 14h00 UTC.

An example would be: If the venue lasts 4 hours, then the starting time
would be 12h00 UTC. The times would be: California 4h00-8h00, Bogota
7h00-11h00, England 12h00-16h00, Shanghai 20h00-0h00, Australia
21h30-1h30.

My 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Quiliro

--
Saluton.
Quiliro Ordonez

All information received in subsequent emails and the associated
attachments is considered public with rights to use, modify,
redistribute and distribute modified versions, regardless of any
previous or future notice. If you do not agree with these terms, do not
send me information which you do intend to abide to under such
permissions as stated I have above. Thank you.