emacsconf-discuss

Re: EmacsConf time schedule

From: Quiliro's lists
Subject: Re: EmacsConf time schedule
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 07:37:09 -0700

El 2019-09-05 01:07, "Alain M. Lafon" via General discussion about
> We are thinking about hosting a real world event parallel to the
> virtual EmacsConf - a satellite in Zurich, Switzerland. I do realize
> that the schedule is not yet public. However, for planning and
> organizing a venue, it would be nice to know the time schedule (and
> timezone) of the conference.

It is great to make a physical gathering. I am not an organizer. But saw
something about the date November 2, 2019 on:

https://emacsconf.org/2019/cfp

Time zone or hours are not specified. But usually the best time to have
a one hour meeting is at 14h00 UTC because it is a time when California
is at 6h00 and Shanghai is at 22h00. Since this would be a day long
event, probably, the best time to start is dividing the duration by 2
and substracting from 14h00 UTC.

An example would be: If the venue lasts 4 hours, then the starting time
would be 12h00 UTC. The times would be: California 4h00-8h00, Bogota
7h00-11h00, England 12h00-16h00, Shanghai 20h00-0h00, Australia
21h30-1h30.

My 2 cents. Hope it helps.

Quiliro