emacs-tangents

Re: no to war in Ukraine

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 16:59:33 +0000

Alexandre Garreau <galex-713@galex-713.eu> writes:

> Le lundo, 28-a de februaro 2022, 13-a horo kaj 31:21 CET Jean Louis a écrit :
>> * Max Brieiev <max.brieiev@gmail.com> [2022-02-28 15:01]:
>> >
>> > I am a Ukrainian, speaking Russian, living in Kyiv. What you say is a
>> > complete propaganda. You know, 60% of population in Kyiv speaks
>> > Russian. And yet, we hate those "leberators" that are coming into our
>> > land.
>>
>> That I said "I don't think so" is propaganda?
>
> Yes.  When something is obvious, and you bring misplaced skepticism without
> any
> contradiction of the facts in front of you, nor sufficient justification for
> your position. it is.

It seems to me that people who are not familiar with the situation and
cannot experience the events directly (because of linguistic,
geographical and technical reasons, say how media is automatically
curated on a lot of modern platforms) have a reasonable excuse to remain
sceptical by default.  I'd consider it harmful, if this were to be
conflated with bad intentions.

--
        Philip Kaludercic