Re: How to install org-protocol

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: How to install org-protocol
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 14:14:59 +0000

Ypo <ypuntot@gmail.com> writes:

> Next thing I would like to do is to capture fragments of websites, and
> to save them automatically with this format:
> * Author. Data. /Title/. Website.
> Link
> Captured text
> I think org-remark could do it ¿?

Do you mean https://github.com/nobiot/org-remark ?
It has completely different purpose - annotation.

If you want to use Org capture protocol, you will be able to get URL,
title, and selected text - see
https://orgmode.org/manual/The-capture-protocol.html
But not author.

I have written a package that extracts more metadata:
https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref, but it is currently written
for my own needs and works only with qutebrowsers and partially (for js
sites) with Emacs.

There is also https://github.com/maxnikulin/linkremark, that has similar
aims, AFAIR. And some other Org capture extensions.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,