Re: [BUG] Source block indentation does not work properly for yaml-mode

From: Sébastien Miquel
Subject: Re: [BUG] Source block indentation does not work properly for yaml-mode [9.6.6 ( @ /home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.6.6/)]
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 05:46:41 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:
...But I guess
what you propose amounts to
You are right.

I'll try to write a patch, this week-end.

I was not aware of how we treated inline src blocks, but I don't think
so. LaTeX fragments, in particular $$…$$ fragments, can have
significant (for the user) newlines.
May you provide an example?
AFAIK, LaTeX usually treats newlines as whitespace, same with " ".
When I say significant, I don't mean for compilation. When editing an
array of equations for example, one might want to keep one equation
per line in the buffer.
Then, may latex-fragment-specific logic be moved to
`org-edit-latex-fragment'? It already provides WRITE-BACK in
the `org-src--edit-element' call. We may as well take care about
clearing up indentation of the first line and other things there.

Looks like it could, yes : call the WRITE-BACK after indentation. This
doesn't seem to conflict for other org elements.

--
Sébastien Miquel