Offline documentation (Org Manual info file) of org hooks is misleading

From: libreville
Subject: Offline documentation (Org Manual info file) of org hooks is misleading
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2023 07:53:58 +0000

Howdy friends,

Chapter A.1 Hooks of the Org Manual reads, in its entirety:

"Org has a large number of hook variables for adding functionality.
This appendix illustrates using a few.  A complete list of hooks with
documentation is maintained by the Worg project at
<https://orgmode.org/worg/doc.html#hooks>."

(I have the manual for Org 9.3, the online version of the chapter is
newer, but identical at this point.)

Contrary to what it says, I couldn't find any illustrations of hook
usage in the appendix. The Variables index only refers to four, and
they're in other places.

Perhaps the line about illustrating could be deleted, to avoid sending
people on a search for something that isn't there?

Best regards,
libreville