[FR] Should we resolve environment variables in the file link path when

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [FR] Should we resolve environment variables in the file link path when exporting? (was: [FR] Please add environment variable substitution in `org-display-inline-images')
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 08:20:19 +0000

Pan Xie <xiepan@skyguard.com.cn> writes:

> Fantastic!! Thanks for your help. I can remove my ugly override codes.
>
> BTW, Please keep in mind that the org export codes also need to
> substitute the environment variables. My proposal only works for the org
> file itself, When exports the org file to html, the image file path will
> still include the environment variable, which is of course not correct.

It may or may not be correct.
For example, when exporting to Org (ox-org), one may want to keep the
environment variables.

If we add this feature for export, it should be an export option.
It will also be a breaking change.

I generally feel that it should be reasonable to go ahead with this
breaking change, possibly disabling variable resolution for ox-org only.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,