Re: Is the cascading logic of outlines a feature, or a design bug?

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Is the cascading logic of outlines a feature, or a design bug?
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 08:51:38 +0100

On Mon, Dec 26, 2022 at 06:47:37AM +0000, abq@bitrot.link wrote:

> Likewise, is the inability to close an org-mode outline section without
> starting a new section really a feature? [...] Or is
> the restriction really just a bug with seniority, and the difficulty of
> fixing it (or the compatibility headaches caused by fixing it) would
> outweigh the benefits?

I guess the answer depends on your perspective. Try to reformulate
your question in another way, perhaps then it leads to something.

I must admit I've missed the possibility for Org to continue a
section after a deeper level one from time to time. I've resorted
to "local conventions" (e.g. a headline with "-" as a title).

But all in all, that's what Org's document model is, and you won't
change it because it's (sometimes) more convenient to you. What
you might try is to find enough people to agree in a common way
to work around it, if necessary.

Cheers