Re: [BUG] ob-R: session evaluation returns empty ouputs with Org 9.6 [9.

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: [BUG] ob-R: session evaluation returns empty ouputs with Org 9.6 [9.6 ( @ /home/fsantos/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.6/)]
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 21:18:02 +0000

> On Nov 30, 2022, at 5:48 PM, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
>
> William Denton <wtd@pobox.com> writes:
>
>> I tried that, but it didn't fix it. :(
>
> Ok. I was able to reproduce on my side.
>
>> With a minimal setup, running the R block with a :session makes it ask where
>> the
>> working directory should be (the default in the prompt is the directory the
>> test
>> Org file is in).  Setting ess-startup-directory to 'default-directory
>> doesn't
>> change that, or the output problem.
>
> It looks like there is something wrong with comint-prompt-regexp in R
> buffers. It somehow does not match the prompt.
>
> I will need to look further.

The older (commit bed47b437d8cde7a98bafdb07996e248b40f70e6e) version of
org-babel-comint-with-output used comint-prompt-regexp and works fine.

I don't really follow how `org-babel-comint-prompt-separator` gets set to
something useful in the current version.

Reverting org-babel-comint-with-output to that older commit (and eval-ing the
defun for org-babel-R-evaluate-session) seems to fix this case for those who
need `:results output` in R src blocks till this gets sorted out.

HTH,

Chuck