Re: org-clock-report on headings and subheadings or for the whole file?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: org-clock-report on headings and subheadings or for the whole file?
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 08:18:37 +0100

> Yes, *but* I obtain

> #+BEGIN: clocktable :scope subtree :maxlevel 2
> #+CAPTION: Clock summary at [2022-11-13 08:06]

> | Headline       | Time   |
> |----------------+--------|
> | *Total time*   | *0:03* |
> |----------------+--------|
> | $A^0$ condition | 0:03   |
> #+END:

> Which is *not* what I want.

> So I am wondering why I obtain something different from you

I realized that I have
#+BEGIN: clocktable :scope subtree :maxlevel 2

While you have

#+BEGIN: clocktable :scope file :maxlevel 2

But I don't know where shall I change the setting, the documentation of

,----
| org-clock-report (found in org-mode-map), which
| is an autoloaded interactive compiled Lisp function in ‘org-clock.el’.
|
| It is bound to H-r.
|
| (org-clock-report &optional ARG)
|
| Update or create a table containing a report about clocked time.
|
| If point is inside an existing clocktable block, update it.
| Otherwise, insert a new one.
|
| The new table inherits its properties from the variable
| ‘org-clock-clocktable-default-properties’.  The scope of the
| clocktable, when not specified in the previous variable, is
| ‘subtree’ when the function is called from within a subtree, and
| ‘file’ elsewhere.
|
| When called with a prefix argument, move to the first clock table
| in the buffer and update it.
`----

But I don't understand why org assumes that I call that function from a subtree.

--
Warning: Content may be disturbing to some audiences
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.