Re: org-clock-report on headings and subheadings or for the whole file?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-clock-report on headings and subheadings or for the whole file?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 04:40:47 +0000

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Correct, I did since I found it «logical» to have that table at the end of
> the file, but now I understand the problem with this. Thanks
>
> Ok, but I think it would not be bad to add this information to the docstring
> of org-clock-report!? It is not that intuitive.

This information is already in the docstring

    The new table inherits its properties from the variable
    org-clock-clocktable-default-properties.  The scope of the
    clocktable, when not specified in the previous variable, is
    subtree when the function is called from within a subtree, and
    file elsewhere.

Or do you think it can be expressed better?

> BTW when I move one heading to a subheading the table reads
>
> #+BEGIN: clocktable :scope file :maxlevel 2
> #+CAPTION: Clock summary at [2022-11-13 08:46]
> | Headline             | Time   |      |
> |----------------------+--------+------|
> | *Total time*         | *2:33* |      |
> | Symmetric            | 2:33   |      |
> | \_  $A^0$ condition   |        | 0:03 |
> #+END:
>
> Is there any way to avoid \   in the tanble

:indent nil

See 8.4.2 The clock table

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,