Re: ob-clojure session support (was: ob-clojure eval error when has comm

From: Daniel Kraus
Subject: Re: ob-clojure session support (was: ob-clojure eval error when has comment at end of code line)
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 12:33:52 +0100

> If Bastien removed session support, and you do not see any justification,
> it was most likely an oversight. We generally avoid feature regressions:
> https://bzg.fr/en/the-software-maintainers-pledge/
>
> So, if sessions are currently not supported, it should be considered a
> bug and fixed. Let me know if you need any help with the fix.

I agree that session support would be nice.
The cider backend (and maybe slime and inf-clojure, which I haven't
installed/tried)
opens a connection and then all source blocks are evaled in this one session,
but you can't specify multiple.
For babashka, nbb, it's simply running the cli with the code from the source
block.

> Let me know if you need any help with the fix.

I feel adding session support for babashka and nbb (and maybe a future
clojure-cli backend)
makes most sense.
Relying on `inf-clojure` would make this task simpler but this is also the
package the least amount of people will have installed, as cider is much more
popular.

Is there a good (and simple) example of another babel package that implements
session support but doesn't depend on an external inf-xxx package?
Then I could use code from there.

Thanks,
  Daniel