indent-tabs-mode in org (was: ob-clojure eval error when has comment at

From: Daniel Kraus
Subject: indent-tabs-mode in org (was: ob-clojure eval error when has comment at end of code line)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 22:13:06 +0200

> Daniel Kraus <daniel@kraus.my> writes:
>
>> - What should I use for indention? Looking in ob-clojure and org.el
>>   it seems that using tabs with tab-width 8 is standard but there's
>>   quite a few lines where it's spaces only.
> That is a good question. I guess, just Emacs default.
> Our code is not consistent here...
> Maybe Bastien can clarify better.

jFYI, because I was just wondering why the org
.dir-locals.el sets indent-tabs-mode to nil.
Luckily Kyle wrote a good commit message:

--cut--
.dir-locals.el: Set indent-tabs-mode to nil in Elisp sources

Despite .dir-locals.el having a catchall value of t for
indent-tabs-mode, Org's Elisp files are a mix of tabs and spaces.
Emacs has used a value of nil for indent-tabs-mode since 93d4412046
(Set indent-tabs-mode to nil in (most) Elisp sources, 2015-04-15).  Do
the same.

Ref: https://orgmode.org/list/87eejsg9vw.fsf@gnu.org
--cut--

So that clarifies it for me and I do NOT indent with tabs in the future :)

Cheers,
  Daniel