Re: IM dev discussions?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: IM dev discussions?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 08:29:12 +0200

> Does #org-mode share such a strong stand?

I don't know.  People in charge of the #org-mode channel should decide.

I'm fine with Org referring to #org-mode in both cases.

> If so, it may be problematic even to quote the discussions there in Org
> commit messages.
> IMHO, it makes #org-mode a lot less usable for the purposes of Org
> development. Deliberately public and unencrypted matrix #org-mode room
> is better in this regard.

Our commit messages should only refer to public archives of the Org
mailing list (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/ or
https://list.orgmode.org).

If a discussion on #org-mode or a GitHub repository is relevant for
Org development, it has to be referred to in a thread on the list,
which we can then be quoted for context in the commit message.

--
 Bastien