Re: orgmode.org welcome page says to install via MELPA but as writing, t

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: orgmode.org welcome page says to install via MELPA but as writing, this cannot be done
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 19:23:14 +0200

Hi Max,

> The updated page has
>
>     alt="Install from ELPA"
>
> that likely should be "Install from GNU ELPA".

Fixed, thanks.

> I like that new link
> leads directly to the Org package at GNU ELPA, earlier version had a
> link to the site top page.

+1!

> However Firefox does not show tooltips (unlike for the Librepay link)
> when mouse cursor is over new SVG images. I have no idea if
> screenreaders will use value of the alt attributes.

I added title="" properties.

> I expect that some fraction of messages at this list will have "[BUG]
> <short description>" subject literally. Perhaps "&body=..." may be
> added with a template like "Org version: ___, Emacs version: ___" with
> a note requesting subject more specific to the particular
> problem. Some people still will not read it.

Agreed -- I removed this mailto: link as suggestion in a previous
reply to Tim...

> An unrelated to the latest changes question. What is the supposed way
> to reach https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html from site main page
> (to become aware of M-x `org-submit-bug-report'?

... and placed the https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html link as
the target of the "feedback" svg icon.

I also added the M-x org-submit-bug-report RET exlpicitely, as it is
something we want users to discover very soon.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien