Re: Agenda 'Org view' (org-projection?)

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Agenda 'Org view' (org-projection?)
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 14:21:34 +0000

Hi, Eduardo:

Eduardo Suarez writes:

> Based on my previous mail "Manual Ordering and Dynamic Priority" I would like
> also to comment about this related idea.
>
> In Agenda, it is possible to generate different views. I wonder whether it
> would be possible to generate an "org mode" view. That is, a buffer in
> org-mode
> format with all the tasks from our agenda query (no really a sparse tree
> view).
> Then that file could be edited and reordered to create a planning. If the file
> could also sync with new queries that would be great. I think of that maybe as
> a package called 'org-projection' (project org into org).
>
> With such feature, I could have a general org file e.g. for a working project,
> and then a planning (projected) file in association with it. I would add the
> latter to the Agenda files.
>
> I can't do lisp development and have no idea if that makes sense, but I just
> wanted to share this idea with you.

I think this is not 100% related to what you're proposing, but if it
helps, I use the excellent org-super-agenda package a lot, which allows
you to sort and compose the agenda view according to many parameters:
tags, priorities, properties, etc:

https://github.com/alphapapa/org-super-agenda

Best regards,

Juan Manuel