Re: C-c $ missing?

From: Mark Barton
Subject: Re: C-c $ missing?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 03:02:17 -0700

On Aug 18, 2022, at 11:39 PM, Summer Emacs <summeremacs@gmail.com> wrote:

TY! That's exactly what I was hoping for. And thank you to Ihor and Matt
as well for pointing me in the right direction. I was just reading up on
C-c $ with C-h k when you replied so thank you to all of you for helping
out. Noted everything down for future reference. 🙃

You are welcome. You may eventually want to read about Speed Keys in Org mode that is enabled with the org-use-speed-commands variable. That enables you to just press "a" when at the beginning of a headline to archive that subtree. I use speed keys daily to clock-in to a task and to refile a task into one of my project subtrees.