Re: C-c $ missing?

From: Summer Emacs
Subject: Re: C-c $ missing?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 08:39:46 +0200

Mark Barton @ 2022-08-18 23:37 :

> [... 5 lines elided]

> On my Emacs setup C-c $ is mapped to flyspell-correct-word-before-point, but
> C-h b  shows that it is bound to org-archive-subtree.
> Did you recently enable spellcheck in org mode?

Aha! that must be it because I enabled flyspell globally in all text/org
docs just 2 days ago but I had forgotten that I did that.

> If I M-x flyspell-mode to turn off flyspell then C-c $ is mapped back to
> org-archive-subtree.
>
> If that is the case for you, you could try adding this to your init file.
>
> (eval-after-load "flyspell"
>   '(define-key flyspell-mode-map (kbd "C-c $") nil))

TY! That's exactly what I was hoping for. And thank you to Ihor and Matt
as well for pointing me in the right direction. I was just reading up on
C-c $ with C-h k when you replied so thank you to all of you for helping
out. Noted everything down for future reference. 🙃

--
Summer,
Sent from MU4E in Emacs,