Re: C-c $ missing?

From: Mark Barton
Subject: Re: C-c $ missing?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 23:37:18 -0700

On Aug 18, 2022, at 11:06 PM, Summer Emacs <summeremacs@gmail.com> wrote:

So I was just curious as to what happened to C-c $?

On my Emacs setup C-c $ is mapped to flyspell-correct-word-before-point, but C-h b  shows that it is bound to org-archive-subtree. Did you recently enable spellcheck in org mode?

If I M-x flyspell-mode to turn off flyspell then C-c $ is mapped back to org-archive-subtree.

If that is the case for you, you could try adding this to your init file.

(eval-after-load "flyspell"
  '(define-key flyspell-mode-map (kbd "C-c $") nil))

Mark