Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Gith

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Github
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 20:21:46 +0200

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > > Yes, sad to say they should not directly offer donation methods.
>
>   > So they should rather link to liberapay, so it is not a direct offer?
>
> You can't make a serious point by twisting words.

I do make a serious point: by linking to liberapay who are actively
searching for ways to get rid of proprietary software, those links are
most likely to become usable without proprietary software once a
practical method to donate without proprietary software exists.

But yes, wrapping that into a cheeky answer is not the most effective
way to make this point.

Best wishes,
Arne
--