Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Gith

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Github
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 09:22:31 +0800

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > I have been recently exploring Liberapay and stumbled upon
>   > https://liberapay.com/about/teams.
>
> Is it possible to make a donation through Liberapay without running
> any nonfree software?  Including nonfree Javascript software send
> by the site itself?
>
> And is it possible for the intended recipients to receive the money
> without running nonfree software including JS?
>
> If the answers are yes and yes, maybe that system is ethical and good.
> Otherwise, it is not a solution, only a different variation of the problem.

AFAIU, no and no. See
https://list.orgmode.org/CAFm0skG_-80iQ-TO-hduvVt_GHQWosOHBeHJ61dyA=wNg8vc_w@mail.gmail.com/T/#m322d74a1efb4e3773ae2df7b6bda4505c4b5fa15

It looks like there is no free option as long as banks are involved.

Cryptocurrencies are easier in terms of software freedom, but their
legal status is not stable (e.g. cryptocurrency is illegal in the
country I now live in).

Best,
Ihor