Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Gith

From: Michael Powe
Subject: Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Github
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 15:48:28 -0400

On 6/27/2022 21:54, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Michael Powe <powem@ctpowe.net> writes:

Anyone completely serious about a refusal to use nonfree tools for
making donations will send a check in the mail, literally.
Would providing something like
"Contact us via email if you prefer to make a donation using alternative
mechanism"
help if we add such statement to https://liberapay.com/org-mode page?

Hello,

I think it would be good to let people know that they could do so.

In re: the mailing address, this should be a post office box, or possibly, a business address, not a residential street address. Aside from the privacy concern of putting your personal address out there, I think it's better marketing to avoid telling users to send their money to someone's home. ;-)

Now, I've been using the business name "MAP Analytics" above my home address for years. The business exists only in my imagination, but it serves the purpose when an "organization" name is required.

Thanks.

mp

--
"Do not neglect to do good, and to share what you have." - Hebrews 13:16a
Michael Powe