Re: BUG: org cycling regression when using the legacy folding style over

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: BUG: org cycling regression when using the legacy folding style overlays
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 23:07:03 -0400

On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 7:45 PM Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
> Your code__collapse_all_posts block makes use of hide-subtree from
> outline.el. Please, do not use it. outline.el is no longer considered
> compatible with Org. It was not in the past, and even more so now. This
> has been announced in ORG-NEWS.

I read the ORG-NEWS:

> The new folding backend breaks some of the =outline-*= functions that
> rely on the details of visibility state implementation in
> =outline.el=.  The old Org folding backend was compatible with the
> =outline.el= folding, but it is not the case anymore with the new
> backend.  From now on, using =outline-*= functions is strongly
> discouraged when working with Org files.

It says that the new folding backend won't work with outline.el. But
in this case, I am still using the old backend.
Are the outline.el functions expected to stop working for the old backend too?

I replaced hide-subtree with org-fold-hide-subtree and my subtree
collpasing function seems to work as before even with
org-fold-core-style set to 'overlays. I will update this thread if I
see any issue with that.

Thanks!