Folded headlines with text showing where it shouldn't

From: William Denton
Subject: Folded headlines with text showing where it shouldn't
Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 21:52:45 -0400 (EDT)

I've had a problem lately that is related to folding headlines but I'm not sure how to narrow it down (short of turning on debugging, which I can do). I wonder if anyone else has seen this kind of thing happen or can recommend something I should look for or do when next it happens.

I was working on a file and did a SHIFT-RET to collapse all the headlines. I saw this, with a bit of text appearing in a headline where it shouldn't be:

https://www.miskatonic.org/tmp/org-01.png

I went to the headline and hit RET. It expanded, and now the bit of text was appearing a sub headline:

https://www.miskatonic.org/tmp/org-02.png

Expanding that headline shows what it looks like normally:

https://www.miskatonic.org/tmp/org-03.png

The "Tidyverse" there is a link. I think that's a part of the problem: if I remember right, every time I've seen this happen, it's a link that is displayed out of place.

(This is with Emacs and Org built from source on 22 May; Org was at 8e69adabe2026. Maybe it's been fixed since then but I haven't seen this mentioned, so I thought I'd grab a screenshot while I could.)

Bill

--
William Denton
https://www.miskatonic.org/