Re: Regarding arbitrary Org blocks

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Regarding arbitrary Org blocks
Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 14:44:10 +0200

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 06:19:35PM +0800, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> > Some recent change instead now says "No special environment to edit
> > here". How can I get back that behavior?
>
> I am unable to get the described behaviour even using Org 8.2.10. Could
> you elaborate what you mean by "used to"? Which Org version?

It's been quite some time. I've been using Org for years and I don't
keep it up to date. I can't identify when it changed, only that my
muscle memory started throwing errors. ;]

To be fair, I think I only moved to v9 this year. So I may have
learned this in versions before v8.

> > Could I add some minor mode to say text-mode with auto-fill-mode and
> > aspell somewhere when opening those blocks?
>
> Not currently, unless you advice org-edit-special. Though we might add
> something like org-edit-special-hook (similar to org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c-hook)
> if others are also interested in this functionality.

That's the kind of configuration I was referring to. It'd be fine to
me to add items to match the tags I use.

On the other hand, perhaps it would be useful to have a fallback
behavior to use the current org-mode settings in a popup buffer for a
block that has no mode associated with it?

                                    https://www.adamsinfoserv.com/