Re: cut and paste not working after xdg-open "org-protocol://store-link?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: cut and paste not working after xdg-open "org-protocol://store-link?url=URL&title=TITLE"
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:14:34 +0800

chris <inkbottle007@gmail.com> writes:

> After doing `xdg-open "org-protocol://store-link?url=URL&title=TITLE"`.
> The string "URL" is pushed into Emacs kill-ring.
> But, this very string "URL", is not inserted into Wayland clipboard.

I am not using Wayland. However, if I just do (kill-new "test") in X and
my select-enable-primary is nil (default) - "test" will not go to my X
clipboard. It is the default behaviour of Emacs in X that has nothing to
do with Org mode.

What will happen if you try (kill-new "something") in your Emacs
(preferably, emacs -Q)? Will "something" be present in your Wayland
clipboard?

Best,
Ihor