Re: Yet another browser extension for capturing notes - LinkRemark

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Yet another browser extension for capturing notes - LinkRemark
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:42:57 +0800

András Simonyi <andras.simonyi@gmail.com> writes:

>> As a side note, citeproc-el currently has poor performance on large org
>> files. It is unusable for me.
>
> Could you elaborate? In theory, oc-cs.el's performance should depend
> only on the number of citations (as opposed to the size of the Org
> document) and be in the same ballpark as pandoc's citeproc. It'd be
> interesting to know the details since I plan to work on speeding up
> citeproc-el's rendering, although you are the first one to actually
> complain :-).

There is no doubt why I complain - 15Mb "bibliography" file.

The oc-csl.el performance depends on the size of the Org document during
caching stage. Moreover, every time I change the Org document, caching
is repeated. Every time I open the file using oc-csl.el, caching is
repeated. Every time I revert file using oc-csl.el, caching is repeated.

I think that the easiest solution for citeproc would be not calling
org-bibtex-headline on every single headline, but using regexp search
for "BTYPE" property.

Best,
Ihor