Re: Yet another browser extension for capturing notes - LinkRemark

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Yet another browser extension for capturing notes - LinkRemark
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 17:57:15 +0700

On 18/01/2022 12:43, Samuel Banya wrote:
Not sure if it helps, but you could also use the w3m browser's mentality of just keeping an HTML file that contains all of your bookmarks. I'm sure there's probably even a way to use 'eww' in the same fashion too.

Maybe even making your own personal wiki of a webring of sorts would help too.

I don't personally bookmark anything anymore but just store links on a webring on my site.

Actually Samuel Wales added more details to his message posted a year ago. I started that thread to announce LinkRemark browser extension https://github.com/maxnikulin/linkremark It was me who tried to revive the thread a month ago.

The idea is to store bookmarks in Org file and it should be more than just URL and page title. Rich "bookmark" should have more metadata and may have user comments.

In eww you likely can use org-store-link or org-capture directly. Example of projects that extracts metadata: https://github.com/yantar92/org-capture-ref

Doesn't Org mode is better than any wiki? At least in some aspects.