Re: Yet another browser extension for capturing notes - LinkRemark

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Yet another browser extension for capturing notes - LinkRemark
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 18:00:57 +0800

András Simonyi <andras.simonyi@gmail.com> writes:

> Just wanted to note that the CSL-based export processor, oc-csl.el,
> already supports this: you can add an Org file as a bibliography, cite
> items described by ol-bibtex style headings and export the citations.

Thanks for telling! oc-csl is tricky because it relies on external
library. So, it's hard to know what it can do and what it cannot do.

As a side note, citeproc-el currently has poor performance on large org
files. It is unusable for me.

> It'd be very nice indeed if other built-in processors supported the
> format too (e.g., "basic"). As for external ones, the CSL-based
> activation processor I wrote
> (https://github.com/andras-simonyi/org-cite-csl-activate) also
> supports it

Interesting. By the way, I recommend using composition instead of
display property for rendering. See prettify-symbols-mode.

Best,
Ihor