Re: Playing down the text in org-mode

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Playing down the text in org-mode
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 21:39:26 +0000

fatiparty@tutanota.com writes:

> If I do something in emacs-lisp I would still need some form of
> containment characters.

I think a custom link would suffice for text within the paragraph. A
quick example:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defface smaller
      '((t :foreground "#8D8D84" :height 0.9))
      "")

  (org-link-set-parameters "smaller"
                           :face 'smaller
                           :export (lambda (path desc format)
                                     (cond
                                      ((eq format 'latex)
                                       (format "{\\small %s}" desc)))))
#+end_src

This text is important, [[smaller:x][but this one is not so important]]

A screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/11KbJHQ.png

if you want finer tuning and more control over the format, John's
scimax-editmarks package seems like a very interesting option (although
I think Org should remain as format-agnostic as possible...)

Best regards,

Juan Manuel