bug#52545: 29.0.50; Make org-babel-execute-buffer ignore irrelevant src

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: bug#52545: 29.0.50; Make org-babel-execute-buffer ignore irrelevant src blocks
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 19:11:45 +0000

Max,

> On Dec 31, 2021, at 4:05 AM, Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Should some function a macro be provided to facilitate declaring languages as
> data format (config files, JSON, YAML, etc.) rather than executable source
> code?

I think we already have this in the form of export blocks, viz.

#+name: yaml_header_1
#+begin_export yaml
output:
  html_document:
    toc: true
    toc_depth: 2
#+end_export

will be ignored by babel and by exporters that do not define a transcoder for
`yaml' blocks.

The data can be used in transcoders for derived backends or in src blocks like
this one:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :var yaml_dat_1=yaml_header_1
  yaml_dat_1
#+end_src

And =C-c '= will invoke an edit buffer in yaml mode (if available).

And it seems that fontifying natively works just as with src blocks.

Best,
Chuck