bug#52545: 29.0.50; Make org-babel-execute-buffer ignore irrelevant src

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: bug#52545: 29.0.50; Make org-babel-execute-buffer ignore irrelevant src blocks
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 08:26:14 +0100

"Berry, Charles" <ccberry@health.ucsd.edu> writes:

> Rudy,
>
> Thanks for the comment, but ...
>
>> On Dec 25, 2021, at 1:37 PM, Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think we look at the problem from two different perspectives.  You
>> look at the problem from the "how" perspective, whereas I look at it
>> from the "why" perspective.  Sure, we can work around everything in
>> Org.  Now, does that mean that Org should try to execute BibTeX
>> blocks when executing a buffer?  I do not think so.
>
> Using standard features (properties, header-args) in a standard way
> does not strike me as a `work around'.

I apologize for the lack of clarity.  I used the term "workaround" from
the perspective of a user, who probably does not expect Org to try
"execute BibTeX" ever.

> You have not made a clear case that src blocks are even needed to
> support your use case. It may well be that export blocks (which never
> execute) would work just as well.  But with no ECM, one can only
> guess.

True that, I did not include an example!  Below, I include a typical use
case: Org notes about an article with a corresponding BibTeX entry.

(Note: I do not know what ECM stands for.)

[…]

#+property: header-args+ :comments link
#+cite_export: csl apa.csl

* Notes