Re: quotation marks in table cell vs. org-babel-ref-resolve

From: Greg Minshall
Subject: Re: quotation marks in table cell vs. org-babel-ref-resolve
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 21:02:04 +0300

hi, Tim,

thanks for the reply.

> I don't know. It could be related to the spreadsheet capabilities or it
> could simply be an oversight in how the code extracts values from
> tables.

if anyone has any knowledge in this area, i'd be curious to hear.

> I tend to use the function org-table-to-list to extract the data from a
> table. It gives me a nested list which I can then process with elisp in
> any way I want. I don't know if that would help or how it will interpret
> a cell whic contains both quoted and unquoted data.

for the record, things -- lists and lisps -- being equal, the function
you presumably meant to write was =org-table-to-lisp=.

=org-babel-ref-resolve= is convenient to use (as you provide a REF,
rather than create a [temp] buffer, visit the file, whatever).  but, it
isn't clear to me what functions (=org-babel-ref-resolve= and/or
=org-table-to-lisp=) should be considered part of the "Emacs Org Mode
API". :)

(i've gotten "around" the issue by prepending my e-mail addresses with
[: SPACE].)

cheers, Greg