Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration ::

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Concrete suggestions to improve Org mode third-party integration :: an afterthought following Karl Voit's Orgdown proposal
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 07:24:08 +0000

Hi Timohy,

Timothy writes:

> I don’t think Ihor is suggesting we stop indicating that org-mode is part of
> Emacs.

Of course, I am convinced that Ihor is not saying that Org is not part
of Emacs, and I have to make it clear, that I have never suggested such
a thing. What's more, I understand and applaud his conciliatory effort
on this issue, since since a series of debates and noise have arisen
here on these matters.

What worries me are the consequences of insisting here on these debates.
That is why I have underlined what Russell has commented, as I think he
is right.

On the other hand, we must not forget that Org, as part of Emacs, is
part of GNU, and this is a mailing list from the GNU project. I think
everything related to the (possible) extension of GNU Org Mode outside
of GNU Emacs (even in software incompatible with the ethics and
philosophy of the GNU project) should be considered offtopic here and be
discussed in other forums. Otherwise it would only create confusion
among users.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel