Re: [BUG] Org V 9.5 error when ~/.cache doesn't exist

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Org V 9.5 error when ~/.cache doesn't exist
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 21:50:17 +0800

Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> writes:

> Figured out the problem.. looks like Org main branch doesn't support emacs
> 25.
>
> My build script was building Org for all emacs versions starting from
> version 25. It builds fine if remove the build  for emacs 25. I think I
> missed it somewhere that Org main branch is dropping emacs 25 support.

I am not sure if we are dropping Emacs 25 just yet. However, there is
currently more than one place in Org that does not work on Emacs 25.
See https://list.orgmode.org/87zgqu6081.fsf@localhost/T/#t

If compilation is critical for you, I can make a patch to make things
compile in Emacs 25. Though compatibility layer for xdg is more tricky.
I do not want to do it unless necessary.

Best,
Ihor