reference a remote named block in #+CALL: line

From: Matt Price
Subject: reference a remote named block in #+CALL: line
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 06:19:00 -0400

I am getting used to calling library-of-babel functions with local data structures as input variables, e.g. in this line:

#+CALL: list2table(data="" order="rows") :results  table  raw

where `common-issues-list` is a named org-mode list in the current file, e.g.

#+NAME: common-issues-list
- some
- things
- here

In this particular case, I'd like to maintain a single data structure and use it in a bunch of places (it's a document I re-use in several courses, all of which are published online with different metadata stored in headings). Is there a syntax for referring to #+NAME'd elements in remote files?

Sorry if I'm missing something that is explained in the docs -- I am not finding this in what I think of as the obvious places.

thanks as always,

Mat