Re: reference a remote named block in #+CALL: line

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: reference a remote named block in #+CALL: line
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 18:11:53 +0000

Matt,

> On Nov 2, 2021, at 3:19 AM, Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am getting used to calling library-of-babel functions with local data
> structures as input variables, e.g. in this line:
>
> #+CALL: list2table(data=common-issues-list, order="rows") :results  table
> raw
>
> where `common-issues-list` is a named org-mode list in the current file, e.g.
>
> #+NAME: common-issues-list
> - some
> - things
> - here
>
> In this particular case, I'd like to maintain a single data structure and use
> it in a bunch of places (it's a document I re-use in several courses, all of
> which are published online with different metadata stored in headings). Is
> there a syntax for referring to #+NAME'd elements in remote files?
>
> Sorry if I'm missing something that is explained in the docs -- I am not
> finding this in what I think of as the obvious places.

AFAIK, there is nothing like this.

However, it looks like it would be easy to modify `org-babel-lob-ingest' by
adding another argument giving the name (or a list of names) of src blocks that
you want added to `org-babel-library-of-babel' by replacing the `when
source-name' with something like `when (member source-name only-these-names)'
so only src blocks you want to invoke are ingested.

HTH,

Chuck