Re: [org-cite] citations in property drawers?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [org-cite] citations in property drawers?
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 14:41:58 +0200

Hello,

Tom Gillespie <tgbugs@gmail.com> writes:

>     I could certainly imagine using it, and I don't see any issue with
> doing it from the point of view of the grammar.

That would be a terrible idea. Exporters are not required to handle all
data contained in properties drawers, so this may introduce errors,
e.g., when trying to number citations.

Therefore, to prevent a whole class of issues, data stored in properties
drawer is seen as plain boring text.

> Footnotes can appear in a property drawer without issue,

That's incorrect. Footnotes cannot appear in a property drawer, per
above.

> One question though since I may have missed this in the other
> threads is cite: allowed without the square brackets?

No it isn't. This would conflict with "cite"-type links, if defined.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou