Re: A requires/provides approach to linking source code blocks

From: Berry, Charles
Subject: Re: A requires/provides approach to linking source code blocks
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 20:27:36 +0000

Tim,

> On Jul 8, 2021, at 12:32 PM, Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My concern here is with the additional complexity. This is already a
> somewhat complex aspect of org mode and the behaviour you describe can
> effectively be done using noweb, although as you say, not as
> declarative in style.

This (and the rest of what you said) is very well taken.

I share your concern that adding features to an already rich feature suite will
make babel very difficult to penetrate.

Best,
Chuck

p.s. Extracting code from src blocks need not depend on `org-babel-tangle' and
friends. Custom exporters have to potential to render code using attribute keys
and other export features.  And such exporters have the virtue of not adding
complexity to the org code base.