Re: Bug: tab key no longer bound to org-cycle in commit 565361eb69 [9.4.

From: Mark Barton
Subject: Re: Bug: tab key no longer bound to org-cycle in commit 565361eb69 [9.4.6 (9.4.6-10-gee652a-elpaplus @ /Users/bartm002/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20210705/)]
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 21:18:27 -0700

So I put back the mapping in org-key.el to map TAB instead of <tab> in my local
copy and instead commented out line 185 in outline.el to get TAB to map to
org-cycle.

——snippet from outline.el
(defvar outline-mode-cycle-map
  (let ((map (make-sparse-keymap)))
    (let ((tab-binding `(menu-item
                         "" outline-cycle
                         ;; Only takes effect if point is on a heading.
                         :filter ,(lambda (cmd)
                                    (when (outline-on-heading-p) cmd)))))
      (define-key map [tab]       tab-binding)
      (define-key map (kbd "TAB") tab-binding)
      (define-key map (kbd "<backtab>") #'outline-cycle-buffer))
    map)
  "Keymap used by `outline-mode-map' and `outline-minor-mode-cycle'.")

Does that sound like the right thing to do? If so then I could submit it to the
Emacs dev list.

I don’t see outline as a minor mode listed when I use C-h m while in an org
file expecting org-cycle.

Mark