Re: [wip-cite-new] Merging tomorrow?

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Merging tomorrow?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 11:47:25 +0800

> I think the "wip-cite-new" branch is in good shape now. As
> a consequence, I'd like to merge it tomorrow.

This may be much too late to raise this (sorry), but I've got a query.

At the moment org-ref allows for:
+ citing from a bibliography
+ referencing elements within the document

wip-cite-new deals with citing from bibliographies, but I don't think it
deals with within-document referencing --- should it?

In case it helps, here's a small example of referencing elements with
org-ref:

#+begin_src org
,#+caption: Wow, look a me. label:some-f
[[file:some-file.png]]

Have you seen cref:some-f ?
#+end_src

Exported LaTeX:

#+begin_src LaTeX
\begin{figure}[htbp]
\centering
\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{some-file.png}
\caption{Wow, look a me. \label{some-f}}
\end{figure}

Have you seen \cref{some-f} ?
#+end_src

I know that we can get a label added with #+name, but I don't know that
there's an easy way to reference it without org-ref. I feel like ideally
this should be something Org provides.

--
Timothy