Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `biblatex' citation process

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [wip-cite-new] Initial implementation of `biblatex' citation processor
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 15:29:27 +0200

Hello,

Denis Maier <denismaier@mailbox.org> writes:

> Just one thing I was asking myself: Will/should users be able to
> customize that?

I considered it too, when I was writing oc-biblatex. For example, custom
commands could be a list of entries like

  (STYLE BASE-NAME MULTICITE? NO-OPTIONAL?)

E.g.,

  ("my-style/with-a-specifc-variant" "coolcite-alt" t nil)
  ("my-style" "coolcite" t nil)

However, I think this is a bit premature. Style/variant syntax has not
"sedimented" yet, and the oc-biblatex library has (understandably) close
to 0 users at the moment.

We should strive to provide a broad enough out-of-the-box experience
first.

> The function that handles the export doesn't look to complicated after
> all.

Indeed! It's a wonder no one implemented it earlier. ;)

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou